Play Live Blackjack
For hundreds of years, Live Blackjack has been a beloved fixture in casinos, tracing its roots back to France in the 1700’s. Since then, it's grown into a worldwide sensation, becoming one of the most well-known and frequently played casino and card games on the planet.
Back in the day, people knew the game as 21 or Vingt-et-Un, named after its main goal - reaching a total of 21 without going over. The game eventually took on the name "blackjack" thanks to a marketing tactic used by American gambling halls and casinos in the 20th century. They offered a special payout if players were dealt an ace of spades alongside a jack of spades or clubs - a black jack. The promotion was a hit, the name caught on, and Live Blackjack solidified its place as a casino classic.
Looking to sharpen your skills? bwin online casino has an extensive selection of live casino games, including blackjack, for you to explore. Browse through our available options and dive into the one that catches your eye. Our live dealer games lobby is waiting for you!
If you're new to live dealer games, don't worry - we've got your back! Our easy-to-navigate platform, combined with comprehensive game reviews and guides, will have you mastering the basics in no time. Play Blackjack online regardless of your experience level. For those seasoned players, check out the different variations and betting limits for an added thrill. At bwin, there's a game perfect for everyone!
How Do Live Blackjack Games Work?
Playing live dealer blackjack games is pretty much the same as enjoying any other blackjack game. The goal remains the same - achieve a score of 21 or as close as possible with your cards, outsmart the dealer, and reap the rewards.
All you have to do is place your bets, wait for the dealer to deal your cards, and then proceed as usual. Will you hit, stand, or double down?
If you happen to bust, don't sweat it - you might have lost this round, but the game is far from over. If you manage to score 21 or close to it, the dealer will show their cards and play their hand according to the rules they've learned. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
Ultimately, it's the same blackjack experience you know and love, just brought to life in an interactive online setting.
How To Play Live Blackjack Online?
Here's a brief overview of how to play this all-time favourite online casino game in the UK. For more assistance, check out our guide on basic blackjack strategies.
- To begin a round, choose your bet and place it in the designated area.
- The dealer deals two cards to each player. Your hand's score depends on the cards you receive. Picture cards (jacks, queens, and kings) count as 10, aces can be either 1 or 11, and numbered cards (2-10) are worth their face value.
- Your goal is to beat the dealer's hand without exceeding 21 points. To achieve the best hand, you have several options:
- Stand: Stick with your first two cards if you're satisfied with them.
- Hit: Request additional cards from the dealer, one at a time, until you decide to stand. Be careful not to bust (go over 21 points).
- Double Down: Double your initial bet and receive one more card. This is a useful strategy if you like your hand but need one more card.
- Split: If you have two cards of the same value, make a second bet, and the dealer will split them into two new hands, allowing you to play with two hands.
- Surrender: If you're unhappy with your hand, forfeit it and reclaim half of your initial bet.
Keep in mind that various Live Blackjack variations may offer extra options or side bets, such as perfect pairs side bets, insurance bets, and more.
Types Of Blackjack Side Bets
While traditional casinos offer a variety of side bets, Live Blackjack online has its own unique offerings. These are the common side bets you'll find at live dealer blackjack tables, including games from top software providers like Evolution and Playtech, which are available at our UK online casino:
- 21+3 Side Bet: This side bet focuses on whether the first two cards in your hand and the dealer's upcard create one of these three-card poker hands: a flush (three cards of the same suit), or a straight (three consecutive cards, such as 2-3-4, with aces counting as high or low).
- Perfect Pairs Side Bet / Any Pair, also known as Pair Bet Blackjack: This side bet is based on the first two cards you're dealt forming a pair. There are three different types of pairs, each with varying odds. A pair consists of two cards with the same numerical value (for cards between two and 10) or the same face value (for jacks, queens, kings, and aces).
- Bet Behind Side Bet: This blackjack bet lets you follow another player at the table. Instead of playing their own hand, "bet behind" players essentially team up with a seated player.
- Insurance Side Bet: This optional side bet is offered when the dealer's upcard is an ace. It pays 2-1 if the dealer has a natural blackjack (21). Players can place a separate bet equal to half their original wager on the insurance line.
- Hot 3 Side Bet: Featured in Evolution Gaming's Infinite Blackjack game, the Hot 3 side bet is similar to the Lucky Lucky bet. It's based on the player's first two cards and the dealer's upcard, and it wins for total points between 19 and 21.
- Bust It Side Bet: This side bet wins if the dealer busts with exactly three cards. If one or more players place a Bust It wager, the dealer will draw a third card for any hand with a total between 12 and 16. This draw occurs even if no player action remains at the table.
Live Blackjack Tips And Tricks
Always Split Aces And 8s!
In Live Blackjack online, you can split and play with two hands if your first two cards are the same. This is particularly useful if you have a pair of aces or 8s. Splitting aces gives you the chance for a blackjack with a new card. Splitting 8s is a smart move because two 8s total 16, which is the worst hand in blackjack. Splitting them increases the likelihood of reaching 18 with your next card.
Never Split 10s Or 6s!
A pair of 10s gives you 20 points, which is an excellent hand. The dealer's chances of getting 21 points are low, so don't risk splitting. As for a pair of 6s, splitting would only lead to the worst possible hand—16 points (refer to tip #1).
Be Cautious With Insurance
Insurance can only be used if the dealer's upcard is an ace, and you're betting their next card will be worth 10 points, resulting in a blackjack. Although insurance protects you in live dealer blackjack games, many players consider it the worst bet in the live casino. The insurance stake is half your original bet, and with a 2:1 payout ratio and a 33% probability, the risk might not justify such a high stake.
Card Counting In Blackjack
Card counting isn't illegal, but casinos frown upon it. Nowadays, casino operators use video surveillance to spot card counters. However, when playing Live Blackjack online, no one is watching. Since live dealer blackjack games use real cards and card slides, it's an opportunity to practise card counting. But keep in mind, card counting is a skill that only a few players can master.
Deciding When To Hit And Stand
Your most critical decision in Live Blackjack online is whether to request additional cards. To make the most of a good hand, always compare your card values with the dealer's. Request more cards (hit) until you reach a value of 17 or above. If the dealer has a 10, don't request more cards at 17 or higher (stand) to avoid going over 21. However, if you have a soft 18 (an 18 with an ace counted as 11), go for it.
Pick The Right Live Blackjack Variant
The live casino lobby usually offers multiple game variants with different rules and betting limits. Before playing, read the specific game rules to find the variant that suits your style and budget. If you're playing for fun, the VIP lobby might not be the best choice, as it requires a minimum bet of $50 or more.
Experience the Best Live Blackjack at bwin
At bwin, our Live Blackjack tables bring an extra dimension to the game with a live dealer in every round. Unlike other blackjack versions, you can see the live dealer you're playing against, making it a truly fun and unique experience.
Sign up at our licensed online casino today and start enjoying Live Blackjack on your desktop, tablet or smartphone. You can also explore other popular Live Dealer games like Live Roulette and Live Baccarat.
For more entertainment, check out our range of slots and games featuring the latest Megaways slots. Fancy something classic? A vast selection of fishing-themed games with jackpots is waiting for you!
Register and deposit at bwin to take full advantage of your welcome offer. Remember, wagering requirements apply to the bonus, and you can find all terms and conditions related to the offer on the Promotions page.
Dive into live action today and enjoy blackjack games just like in a real casino!
Live Blackjack FAQ
What is Live Casino Blackjack?
Live blackjack combines the classic casino game with a professional human dealer and streams it directly to your chosen device – be it a desktop, laptop, or mobile. The rules are the same as in a land-based casino or bwin's standard version, with the only difference being a friendly dealer to deal the cards and handle your winnings. It's an exciting way to experience blackjack without leaving the comfort of your home.
Is Live Blackjack Difficult to Play?
Some players may worry that getting started is challenging, but it's actually a fun and straightforward game to play online. It's not more complicated than the regular version, but it might take some time to get used to. As with all games, there are Live Blackjack strategies and rules to learn before playing (and winning). Once you've mastered the game, it'll flow smoothly with minimal effort, and you'll see better profits.
Is Live Blackjack Fixed or Rigged?
Live Blackjack relies on luck. With real dealers and cards in play, all results are purely based on chance, and there's no way to fix or rig a Live Blackjack game. The live games are also recorded on camera, and game providers undergo strict testing to ensure their games remain safe and fair for everyone!
Can You Play Live Blackjack for Real Money?
Absolutely! You can play Live Blackjack for real money. Any bets made with real money in any version of blackjack (at bwin) will be paid back in real money. If your bets come from a bonus, the winnings will be paid in bonus money.
How Can I Choose Live Blackjack Games within My Budget?
At bwin, we offer Live Blackjack games for players with various budgets. In the game lobby, you'll see the minimum buy-in amount displayed on each game's image. This helps you make an informed decision about which table to join based on your budget.
What's the Difference between Live Blackjack and Online Blackjack?
The only difference between the two is the presence of a professional dealer to keep the action going, like in Live Blackjack. You can use verbal interaction and on-screen instructions or, if you prefer, just use the on-screen buttons to play the game. The choice is yours.
Can I Talk to Live Dealers and Can They Hear Me?
Live Blackjack games provide live chat options, allowing you to type and chat with our friendly dealers. Your messages will appear on their screen, and the dealer will respond to you verbally. It's another layer of immersive gameplay, but keep in mind that the dealer can't see or hear you.
This feature adds to the interactive and engaging experience of playing Live Blackjack online, making you feel even more connected to the game and your dealer. Enjoy the excitement of Live Dealer Blackjack and immerse yourself in a thrilling gaming experience like no other!